Direct Marketing Strategy
Forget intuition and “gut feelings”—the most successful direct marketing programs are those that are driven by a clear strategy. As a full-service direct marketing partner, Diamond has deep experience in developing direct marketing strategies that deliver results.
Following a proven, disciplined approach, we will recommend a direct marketing strategy that meets your goals and budget while maximizing the return on your marketing investment.
Diamond’s strategy development process includes these key considerations:
- Marketing Objectives: What are we trying to accomplish with the campaign? Sell product? Generate leads? Support other marketing efforts?
- Prior Campaigns: What marketing programs were executed in the past, and what were the results?
- Budget: How much money is available, and what is the best use of these funds?
- Target Audience: Which group(s) are we trying to reach in the campaign? Prospects? Current customers? Former customers?
- Competition: Who are your competitors, and what are they doing in the marketplace?
- Product Attributes: What are the key features and benefits of the product or service to be marketed?
- Positioning: How will you position your product or service to the target audience?
- Messaging: What copy points will support the positioning?
- Mandatories: What elements (legal disclosures, logos, etc.) must be included in the campaign?
- Media: What media will be used to execute the campaign? How will different media work together to optimize results?
- Testing: Are there opportunities to test positioning, messages, media, formats, lists, etc.?
- Accountability: How is success defined, and how will we measure results?
- Results Analysis: What can we learn from this program that will improve results for future campaigns?